The page provides helpful information for parents ranging from Rules for Parents at games, Positive phrases for your kids and Field Etiquette.
- When in doubt use commen sense.
- The referee, whether a LIJSL Referee, or one of our Kids training to be Referee, is in charge of the game and Field in every way. END OF CONVERSATION.
- Parents may not communicate in anyway with a referee, PERIOD.
- Any yelling by parents or spectators at referees or children on the Field will result in parents and their child to be removed from the Field Complex and may result in expulsion from the Elwood Soccer Club.
Positive phrases for Parents
Some happy thoughts to say to your kids...
Before the match:
I love you!
After the match:
I love you!
It was great to see you play!
What would you like to eat?
Entering Field Complexes
Community, Person and Property Safety
- 5 MPH Speed Limit
- PARK ONLY IN PARKING LOTS, BETWEEN TWO DESIGNATED WHITE LINES - NO EXCEPTIONS.
- No Parking on grass or access ways.
- No jumping curbs.
Being a good neighbor
- NO DOGS
- NO SMOKING OF ANY KIND
- Keep yourselves and children as far away from homes bordering Field Complexes.
- KEEP OUT OF RESTRICTED AREAS:
- Field Map at BOCES Manor Plains on Baseball Backstop
- Parent security at BOCES to keep people out of restricted areas
At the game:
This is the children's time to play
- Parents and siblings must be at least 4 feet from side lines. 4 foot area for coaches, players and lines person.
- Bring a chair, sit back and watch.
- Positive comments only. No yelling at players, coaches or referees.
Leaving the game:
Leave The Fields and Complex Clean
- Remember to bring home everything you brought, chairs, soccer balls, water bottles, jackets and any garbage you see.
- Parents that signed up at registration for field maintenance should organize parents and participate in the pick up of any loose trash.
- Field maintenance parents also act as security parents at the BOCES Manor Plains Complex.